ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.2.1

2001-10-22 12:08:24
Subject: Re: TSM 4.2.1
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <ADSM AT MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 12:05:23 -0400
Reni wrote, in part..
> which version/level would you recommend for the clients ? (we run TSM
> server 4.1.4)

My personal favorite was 3.1.0.8, but that might not fit your requirements.  :-(

You might search the archives of this list (at http://www.adsm.org/ for
example) for previous
discussions around this topic.  Several levels
have been suggested, but all have some sort of substantial problem.

Fwiw, I am moving many of our Linux and WinNT/2000 machines to the latest
available for a
number of reasons (that may not be important to you).  I'm hopeful that Tivoli
will really get kinks
worked out at V5. On the other hand, retirement an finding other solutions seem
just as likely at
this point!  :-)

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith                          ADSM AT Maine DOT edu
ADSM Technical Coordinator - UNET       University of Maine System