ADSM-L

Re: Automated procedure/ script to perform Checkout of daily dbbackup vol

2001-09-10 15:32:09
Subject: Re: Automated procedure/ script to perform Checkout of daily dbbackup vol
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 15:32:03 -0400
>>Note that you don't have to have DRM to use Query DRMedia: it's one of
>>those generally exploitable resources, which came in handy for us.
>
>Are you sure about that, Richard? My understanding is that in order to
>use any of the DRMEDIA commands, the DR module had to be purchased.[1]
>
>[1] I'm not quibbling about whether you have to have the license in
>order for the command to work; I'm referring to the EULA and the moral
>obligations therein.

Mark - As you indicate, TSM's stringent license adherence checking keeps
       us from executing things the vendor has not authorized us to use.
The manuals indicate no restriction on the use of the Query DRMedia command.
And certainly, our database backup and copy storage pool volumes are our
legitimate disaster recovery resources, which the command description
unequivocally solicits us to use in displaying these vital resources:

    "Use this command to display information about database backup and copy
     storage pool volumes. You can also use the command to create a file
     of executable commands to process the volumes."

  Richard Sims, BU