ADSM-L

Re: Restore MS Exchange data to a different machine

2001-08-30 09:35:29
Subject: Re: Restore MS Exchange data to a different machine
From: Robert van Bussel <Robert.vanBussel AT OU DOT NL>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 15:21:49 +0200
With TDP for Exchange V 2.2 it is supported and it works !!!

We have restored data from an Exchange/2000 server to another Exchange/2000
server with
another name.

The trick is to specify the TSM-nodename of the FROM-server when you restore on
the
TO-server.

For instance:

tdpexcc restore "Storage Group C" FULL /Mountwait=Yes /MountDatabases=Yes
/excserver=<TO-server> /fromexcserver=<FROM-server> /TSMPassword=<TSM_PW
FROM-server>
/tsmnode=<TDP-TSMNodename FROM-server>

In our case this worked just fine....

Success.