ADSM-L

Restore MS Exchange data to a different machine

2001-08-29 18:32:50
Subject: Restore MS Exchange data to a different machine
From: Yahya Ilyas <Yahya.Ilyas AT ASU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 15:18:20 -0700
Is it possible to move MS Exchange data from one Exchange server to another?

I want to try to restore Exchange data to another server same way it works
with other TSM clients, by giving access from source node to target node and
than by starting client on target node using
-virtualnodename=sourceNodeName.
I have checked TSM's Exchange Restore  Help, and it has information about
I have checked TSM's Exchange Restore  Help, and it has information about
moving data to another server if original server is not available and by
naming new server same as original and than restoring data to new server.  I
want to know if it is possible to restore data to a different machine while
original one is still up and running.

Thanks
Yahya