ADSM-L

Re: Restore MS Exchange data to a different machine

2001-08-30 10:25:12
Subject: Re: Restore MS Exchange data to a different machine
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 10:21:19 -0400
> With TDP for Exchange V 2.2 it is supported and it works !!!
>
> We have restored data from an Exchange/2000 server to another
Exchange/2000 server with
> another name.
>
> The trick is to specify the TSM-nodename of the FROM-server when you
restore on the
> TO-server.
>
> For instance:
>
> tdpexcc restore "Storage Group C" FULL /Mountwait=Yes /MountDatabases=Yes
> /excserver=<TO-server> /fromexcserver=<FROM-server> /TSMPassword=<TSM_PW
FROM-server>
> /tsmnode=<TDP-TSMNodename FROM-server>
>
> In our case this worked just fine....
>
> Success.

Robert,

Thanks for the clarification.
Here are some Microsoft docs that might help explain some of the
other issues to keep in mind.

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/deployment/2000/MailboxRecover.asp

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/deployment/2000/E2Krecovery.asp

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"It's a beautiful day.  Don't let it get away."  -- Bono