ADSM-L

Re: TSM and TDP for Domino

2001-08-27 13:56:24
Subject: Re: TSM and TDP for Domino
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 13:52:40 -0400
> We are running Windows 2000 Advanced server with Notes R5. We are running
> TSM client version 3 release 7 level 2.19 and TDP for Domino 1.1.1. We
have
> the TSM client installed in d:\program files\tivoli\tsm and TDP is
> installed in d:\program files\tivoli\tsm\domino. Right now the TSM
> scheduler is configured with the dsm.opt file in the d:\program
> files\tivoli\tsm\baclient directory and the TDP scheduler is configured
> with the dsm.opt file in the d:\program files\tivoli\tsm\domino
directory.
> Is this correct? Do we need 2 dsm.opt files, or do you put them together
> into one file?

Chris,

I recommend that you have separate options files.
I also recommend that you use different NODENAMEs.
One for your base client and one your TDP for Domino client.
It keeps that data logically separated and easier
to manage later.  It can be done with one NODENAME and
one options file, but it may be easier to manage with two.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler