ADSM-L

Re: TSM Tuning Guides for AIX

2001-06-19 12:10:46
Subject: Re: TSM Tuning Guides for AIX
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 12:11:32 -0400
>We are in the process of preparing to move our production TSM from NT to AIX
>and we are looking for recommendations on tuning guides specifically related
>to TSM on AIX. If anyone has any links to this type of information it would
>be greatly appreciated.

Seth - I don't think you'll find much formal documentation.
       The old ADSM tuning guide hasn't been carried forward per se:
aspects of it can be found in the redbook:
 Getting Started with Tivoli Storage Manager: Implementation Guide

Less related is the redbook:  Tivoli Enterprise Performance Tuning Guide
which talks of AIX and NT tuning.  The AIX portion is very generic and not
of much help.

The most detailed help can be found in our ADSM-L mailing list.  I recall
some excellent AIX memory and network tuning tips being posted in the past.
I have some performance info in the QuickFacts, but doing justice to the
subject would require a publication unto itself, and we'd really like to
see that coming from Tivoli.  Hmmm... another requirement we can post to
the Oxford TSM Symposium site Requirements section.

   Richard Sims, BU