ADSM-L

Re: ANR0314W Recovery log usage

2000-11-25 15:18:14
Subject: Re: ANR0314W Recovery log usage
From: John Naylor <John.Naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 13:50:16 +0000
Laura,
Do you monitor trends of recovery log utilization ?
Is this the first time you have seen the ANR0314W  message ?
If this is a one off and the max utilization of your recovery log has not been
creeping up,
then I would look to a problem in one of your client sessions.
Check which clients were backing up in the period just before the recovery log
filled.
Then look to see if there was a client session that ended just before you saw
the
ANR2104I Activity log process restarted message
If there is anything that matches that criteria, then I would take a closer look
at what was going on in that client including the error and schedule logs.
John

Laura Huffman <LHuffman AT GW.CTG DOT COM> on 11/22/2000 04:06:16 PM