ADSM-L

Re: Does my ADSM server have a tapeworm ??

2000-07-14 19:27:12
Subject: Re: Does my ADSM server have a tapeworm ??
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 16:27:12 -0700
We have recently discovered that our automated checkin script in perl
is failing because of the drive availability issues.

By default a checkin command uses checklabel=yes
which requires a mount of the volume.

I  personally use checkl=no
when I'm just moving a tape.  But when a tape returns from our
offsite (Arcus) (and its returning because it's been reclam'd and has no
'real' data on it) I like to check the label and be sure its not be
de-gaussed.

Therefore "stacked" checkin commands will sometimes fail if a process
requires a tape and pre-empt's it.  Its a sortof different mount queue
from the one for normal tape mount use.

... joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley