ADSM-L

Re: Does my ADSM server have a tapeworm ??

2000-07-15 09:16:51
Subject: Re: Does my ADSM server have a tapeworm ??
From: "Slaughter, Bill" <BillSlaughter AT TUPPERWARE DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 09:16:51 -0400
I recently had a server that normally does not have many scratch tapes start
to run out of tapes.

I discovered 1 tape that was erroring doing the "Move Drmedia" and found
(When I did the individual move) that ADSM reported "Data Segments" still on
the tape.

After much investigation and many attempts to move the data off the tape, I
halted and restarted the ADSM server and I then could issue the "Move
DRMedia" and all was well.

I ran out of scratch tapes because the tape with Data segments (D1003) was
near the top of the sort order. If D1001 or D1002 were available they would
get a proper DR status update. If D1004 was in VaultRetrieve it would not
get moved due to the Failure.