ADSM-L

Does my ADSM server have a tapeworm ??

2015-10-04 17:29:33
Subject: Does my ADSM server have a tapeworm ??
From: Daniel Swan/TM [mailto:Daniel.Swan AT TELUS DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
As mentioned previously, I'm an ADSM newbie taking over the ADSM of a
regional company.
There have been ongoing problems with our offsite-tape rotation.

Since I've taken over, I've put in 110 tapes, and
reduced the total ammount of data stored in the tape library by 1.5
terabytes (deleting filespaces, expiring old sqlbacktrack).

But somehow, I have NO scratch tapes.  In theory, I should have TONS.

It has been suggested to me that many tapes are being marked as read-only.
I have investigated this, and have
found that only 4 tapes have been marked read-only (q vol access=reado).

I have managed to get a few back by agressive reclamation processes, but of
course, this is tying up all available drives,
so can only be done for a short time during the day.

Does anyone have any ideas of where my tapes could be going?

Any commands I can run to scare up more scratch tapes?

Ps.  We have experts coming in to overhaul the system at the end of the
month, but we're really
scraping the bottom already...

Thanks in advance,
Dan.