ADSM-L

Can ADSM submit job in MVS ? Possible to create GDG in MVS from ADSM ?

2000-03-24 07:59:43
Subject: Can ADSM submit job in MVS ? Possible to create GDG in MVS from ADSM ?
From: Paul Van De Vijver <Paul.Van.De.Vijver AT HONDA-EU DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 13:59:43 +0100
Hi ADSMgurus,

I  schedule on a daily base a script 'Daily BU Storage Pool and DB'

This script performs next tasks :

     - Backup Disk Storage Pool
     - Backup Tape Storage Pool
     - Backup ADSM DB (Incremental)
     - Backup Devconfig to dsn 'ADSM.DEVCONFIG.DR'
     - Backup Volhist to dsn 'ADSM.VOLHIST.DR'
     - Update copy vols to access=offsite

Afterwards we should run a job in MVS to automatically eject the
'offsite' cartridges from our robot (or can this be done using commands from
ADSM ?)
Also we should run a job to put the devconfig and volhist dsn on tape

Anybody knows if this is possible ?

Another question : is it possible to direct backups (volhist & devconf) towards
a GDG ?

I did try to backup devconfig & volhist towards GDG, eg 'ADSM.VOLHIST.DR(+1)'
but this is giving errors

We are running ADSM Server on OS390(MVS) version 3.1.2.40

Any help or suggestion is welcome,

Paul
ADSM Administrator
IS Department