ADSM-L

Re: Recovery log beyond 5GB.

1999-10-20 12:20:20
Subject: Re: Recovery log beyond 5GB.
From: David Bohm <bohm AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 10:20:20 -0600
It is a physical limit restricted by the data structures
that are stored in the "LVM fixed area" on each data base and
recovery log volume (that extra 1M that you have to add to these
volumes).  You can see the limits using the undocumented command

SHOW LVMFA

You will also see it is 5.3G not 5.5G (if that makes a difference
to you).  It is a recognized requirement to increase this limit.
I can not make any commitments as to when this limit can be increased
but it would most likely have to be done in a new release not in a PTF
since this is a change that could not be backed off.

David Bohm
ADSM server development