ADSM-L

Re: Recovery log beyond 5GB.

1999-10-19 05:26:39
Subject: Re: Recovery log beyond 5GB.
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 05:26:39 -0400
> I remember this subject a little while ago and you are correct with the 5GB
> limit.
> The guys also suggested to make it smaller than 5GB in case the log fills up
> and the server crashes giving you no chance of extending the log.
> Search the list if you need more info.

The actual limit is more like 5.3GB, so your effective maximum is some
amount less than 5.3GGB, so that you have some room to extend it in
standalone mode if it fills, and your server will not come back up.

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,