ADSM-L

ADSM Oracle agent for NT

1999-10-07 11:22:20
Subject: ADSM Oracle agent for NT
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 11:22:20 -0400
Hi:
I'm finding the documentation for the ADSM ORACLE agent for NT confusing. After
completeing the install it does not explain how to initiate a backup and there
appears to be no GUI. Following on, the manual describes setting up a separate
instance of the schedular to initate backups via the schedular and a command
file that has ORACLE8 RMAN commands.

It also gives no examples of what these RMAN command scripts might be. I'm not
a database person and our ORACLE people are not acqauinted with RMAN. I've
glanced thru the enormous ORACLE backup manual for release 8 and it appears to
require a specific allocation of a target device, e.g., a tape or disk, and yet
from the ADSM install this should be transparant since the backup group is
already associated with a copypool. Does anyone have any experience with this
Agent. ADSM tech support seem to have no experience with it al all.

Larry Clark
NYS Thruway Authority