ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:39:21
I did not wait 10-minutes after the server is up. I ran the archive
soon after the "adsm>" prompt is up and the 3590 libraries are
available.

Just recently I bounced the server once more.  This time I waited
20 minutes.  I ran the archive on the same filesystems. It did the
same thing as before.  The first backup took 1minute and 46 sec.
The second time took only 21 seconds.

I was wondering if someone had experienced the same.  We are
currently at 3.1.2.20 on AIX 4.3.2.0.

Angel
   -----Original Message-----
   From:       rbs [SMTP:rbs AT bu DOT edu]
   Sent:       Monday, September 13, 1999 9:10 AM
   To:         ANGEL.BUGARIN
   Cc:         rbs
   Subject:    First backup after ADSM server bounce is slow.

   Angel - Another thought: You didn't specify how long after the server
           bounce that the operation was attempted.  ADSM servers can
   take some time to become fully ready.  Perhaps if the operation is
   attempted 10 minutes after the bounce, you'll be able to tell whether
   it is server startup latency or something else.  Looking in with a
   dsmadmc session will help determine when the server is finally
   settled in.
     Richard Sims, BU
    << File: First backup after ADSM server bounce is slow.TXT >>

--openmail-part-0e0051c6-00000001--