ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:39:21
Christo,

You're absolutely correct.  I did not want to wait for the Expire
Inventory process to finish so I cancelled it.

Since I was able to duplicate the situation over and over, I
anticipated that our nightly backup would be dramatically slower
the first time around.  Yesterday afternoon I bounced the server
again without running a test backup.  Last nights backup run
normally as if nothing had changed at all. The backup time was
normal.  Therefore my assumption to "bouncing the server affects
the backup the first time around" is inconclusive. I am back to
the beginning.  Thanks for everyone's input.

Angel

   -----Original Message-----
   From:       christoh [SMTP:christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA]
   Sent:       Monday, September 13, 1999 8:28 PM
   To:         ADSM-L
   Cc:         christoh
   Subject:    Re: First backup after ADSM server bounce is slow.

   Hi Angel,

   I know this is after the fact, but did you maybe do a query process
   see what processes are running directly after startup.
   What happens is an expire inventory is always started automatically
   when the server comes up and depending on your DB size can run for a
   while.

   Simulate the whole thing again, but this time wait for the expire
   inventory
   to finish running and then do your test.

   Regards
   Christo Heuer
   ABSA Bank
   Johannesburg