ADSM-L

Reclaimed to a different pool?!

1999-07-27 14:11:04
Subject: Reclaimed to a different pool?!
From: Adam Slesinger <aslesinger AT US.BNSMC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 14:11:04 -0400
Hello there,

I know there is probably a real easy answer to this question, but it
escapes me at the moment.  Could someone please enlighten me?

We have a primary tape pool (TAPEPOOL) and a copy pool (TAPECOPYPOOL)
both made up of DLT tapes.  We're in the process of creating processes
to send and retrieve the copy pool tapes to our offsite location without
the help DRM.  We created a schedule to kick off reclamation of the copy
pool tapes on Sunday, so there would be tapes to return on Monday.  When
I checked the activity log for the reclamation, it had identified 4
offsite tapes in TAPECOPYPOOL that were eligible to be reclaimed.  The
weird thing is that it grabbed and wrote the data to a private volume in
TAPEPOOL!  I was under the impression that a new tape volume would be
defined in TAPECOPYPOOL, the data would be written to that tape, we'd
send that tape offsite, and bring the other 4, now empty, tapes back.
Could someone tell what a possible reason exists for it to have grabbed
a tape from a different pool as the output of the reclamation??

Thank you kindly,

adam
Adam Slesinger
Corporate Information Systems