ADSM-L

Re: Reclaimed to a different pool?!

1999-07-28 11:22:04
Subject: Re: Reclaimed to a different pool?!
From: Roger Hohmann <Roger_Hohmann AT WESTLB DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 17:22:04 +0200
What do You mean with 'create'? Take it from a scratch pool? I have
never seen that adsm redefines a private tape from one pool to the
other. Or was the tape empty before? Any entry in the volumehistory?

Reclamation is never an 'exact' copy of the stgpool. The tapes are
always different. But You have all objects (files, dirs etc) identical
on both sides. From a user point of view, you won't see a difference,
You even won't notice if your primary tape is unavailable.

You can see with q occ (and some sql statements) if your copypool is in
sync with your primary: when the amount of data and number of files are
matching between primary and copy pool.

Regards

Roger Hohmann

--