ADSM-L

Re: ADSM-server on a single box

1999-06-14 16:24:18
Subject: Re: ADSM-server on a single box
From: "Bazuin, R. (Ronald)" <Ronald.Bazuin AT NL.FORTIS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 22:24:18 +0200
Whe have an 3466. at the moment we have only 72Gb . I think that whe do not
have enough diskspace. So i have ordered fore an other 36 Gb. Then the big
databases are directly backed up on tape. Al the other data wil be backed up
to disk. This is much faster then tape, because only one node can acces a
tape at the same time. So we have a very short backupwindow nesesarely.
Al the nodes have an extra NIC for backup/restore only. This is an fully
dedicated 100Mb full duplex switched network. So there wil not be any
trouble with big recovery on day-time.