ADSM-L

Delete Filespace Hangs when you have WAIT=Yes

1999-05-18 10:03:47
Subject: Delete Filespace Hangs when you have WAIT=Yes
From: "Mapes, Mark" <MWM4 AT PGE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 07:03:47 -0700
Hello,

When I issue a Delete Filespace with the Wait=Yes option, my client hangs.
From another Admin client, I see the process just sit there at zero files
being deleted.
After a long period of time, I issue a cancel on the process, but the
process never (or at least it stays for a long time).  I get rid of the
process by cycling ADSM.
If I do an AIX sar command, I can't detect any work being done during this
process.  So my guess is that the Delete Filespace never really gets
started.
I got AIX 4.2 and ADSM Server Version 3, Release 1, Level 2.20.
Do any of you also have this problem?

Thanks.

Mark Mapes
PG&E