ADSM-L

Re: Delete Filespace Hangs when you have WAIT=Yes

1999-05-25 03:26:10
Subject: Re: Delete Filespace Hangs when you have WAIT=Yes
From: Andreas Buser <Andreas.Buser AT BASLER DOT CH>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 09:26:10 +0200
Hi Mark,

I did a "delete Filespace" with and without wait=yes. There was no
difference, both times the filespace was deleted in the same time.

Our Server is ADSM for MVS or OS/390 at level 3.1.2.20. The cmd was
issued from an Window NT commandline admin client at level 3.1.0.6.

This seems to be an Unix-specific problem.

"Mapes, Mark" wrote:

> Yes, I understand that WAIT=YES waits until the operation is complete.  When
> I issue the command with WAIT=NO, it finishes in about 5 minutes.  I have
> let is run near an hour and have no indication (that is the number of files
> deleted increasing) that the process is running.  Should I wait longer?
> Will you do a test for me?  Issue a delete filespace with and without the
> WAIT=YES and tell me if there is any change in the duration of the process.
> Thanks.

Kind Regards
Andreas Buser

Tel: ++41 61 285 73 21  Fax: ++41 61 285 70 98

Email: Andreas.Buser AT Basler DOT ch

Address:
Basler Versicherungsgesellschaft
Andreas Buser