ADSM-L

Re: Disaster-Recovery, Tapes Vanishing!

1999-04-29 11:24:33
Subject: Re: Disaster-Recovery, Tapes Vanishing!
From: Scott Fluegge <sfluegge AT VENATORGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 11:24:33 -0400
Cindy,

What is your "DB Backup Series Expiration Days" set to?  (you can find this by
using the command: "q drmst".  If that is set to 5 or more days, the tape will
vanish.  That is because you are telling the drmedia manager to hold it longer
than ADSM is.  It will never be put in the vault retrieve state.

What I do is run delete volhist type=dbbackup todatae=today-12 and set my  "DB
Backup Series Expiration Days" to 7 days.  This puts the tapes in the vault
retrieve state for 5 days which gives me some breathing room.  This said, I am
still having tapes vanish.  Some are DB Backups, some are not.

Scott

"Bowers, Cindy Ann (CRD)" <bowers AT CRD.GE DOT COM> on 04/29/99 07:02:52 AM