ADSM-L

Re: Disaster-Recovery, Tapes Vanishing!

1999-04-30 13:53:56
Subject: Re: Disaster-Recovery, Tapes Vanishing!
From: Adam Slesinger <aslesinger AT US.BNSMC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 13:53:56 -0400
We had the exact same problem of vanishing DB tapes.  It turns out that we were
deleting database volume history with the same number of days as the "set
dbbackupexpiredays" command that is part
of DRM.  So in another words,  just when ADSM DRM was changing the status of
the db
tapes to "vault retrieve"  we were also deleting them from volume history and
therefore we never saw them as "vault retrieve".  I believe if you change the
deletevolhistdb admin command to keep extra days history you will then see each
db
backup tape at the vault as it enters the "vault retrieve" state.  I hope this
makes
sense!

adam

--