ADSM-L

Disaster-Recovery, Tapes Vanishing!

2015-10-04 17:44:49
Subject: Disaster-Recovery, Tapes Vanishing!
From: Scott Fluegge [mailto:sfluegge AT VENATORGROUP DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I have been fighting a problem for awhile and wass wondering if I am alone.  I
am runing the DRMEDIA manager and have server 3.2.15 on AIX.  Every couple of
days I have some tapes that just disapear from ADSM.  I am aware of the reuse
parm and the delete volhist etc...  I hold my DB longer than the offsite time
period so I should have a 5 day window in which they will be in the
vault-retrieve state.  I started creating a list of all volumes every night so I
could see what they were before they disappeared.  Yesterday I had 6 tapes, 2
regular vault tapes, 1 db in vault and 2 in vault retrieve.  They all just
disappeared from ADSM...

Any ideas??

Scott