ADSM-L

Re: OS390/ max. size of ADSM-Database?

1999-04-13 08:33:20
Subject: Re: OS390/ max. size of ADSM-Database?
From: Francis Maes <fr.maes AT CGER DOT BE>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 14:33:20 +0200
Hello Winfried,

We have open a PMR 6 months ago for this kind of problem. It is referred to
APAR IX87848.
The restore of any files is hanging for 25 to 35 minutes before it really
transfers data to the client.
It occurs when you are using the "no query restore" but also when you try to
restore inactive backups.
I should open another PMR for this second case.

We are waiting (many times 30 minutes) for a solution until Oct. '98.

For your info: our ADSM OS/390 3.1.2.14 DB is 53GB big. (73% used now) and
the best restore spped is obtained with ATM
at +/- 3GB/ hour for big files.