ADSM-L

Re: Delete volume - input requested

1999-01-19 13:12:27
Subject: Re: Delete volume - input requested
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 19:12:27 +0100
I woke up early this morning, thanks to a call from our operators, so maybe
I'm too tired to think clearly enough to understand you.  Also, we currently
use only scratch tapes in our 3494, although we will be connecting it to
another ADSM server that's using stand-alone 3590 drives right now and I do
define volumes to the storage pools for this system.  Once I get that system
on our 3494 I will convert it from using defined tape volumes to using
scratch.

Can you explain what a tape would be used for if it's not scratch and not in
a storage pool?  I guess you could use it for a database backup or some
other command where you specified the volser.  Would I have to use mtlib to
change them to scratch if I wanted to?  Or use checkout libvol xxxxxx rem=no
followed by checkin libv ... status=scratch?

If this change comes out before I get my other server converted to scratch
tapes, then I'll be negatively affected by this.