ADSM-L

Re: Delete volume - input requested

1999-01-19 08:51:04
Subject: Re: Delete volume - input requested
From: "Dusedau, Stefan" <Stefan.Dusedau AT VIACOM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 08:51:04 -0500
David,

I am a little confused by this. Delete Volume has for as long as I can
remember put the volume into scratch status so it is available to any
pool. Are you saying that you want to change this to make it stay
defined to it's current pool? This would cause us problems since we
depend on ADSM managing our tapes and adding volumes to a pool when it
is required, as well as reclaimed volumes going to scratch. This change
sounds like it would affect us.

Feel free to give me a call to further discuss this.

Thank You,

Stefan Dusedau
infoWorks
A Viacom technology service