ADSM-L

Re: Server Hang During Reclamation

1973-05-21 10:44:38
Subject: Re: Server Hang During Reclamation
From: Pat Wilson <paw AT NORTHSTAR.DARTMOUTH DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 15:03:38 +22300819
Thanks - the odd thing about _my_ problem was that the
reclamation hung well *before* any of my nightly schedules
started.  I'm reclaiming onsite volumes, too, and everything was
right there in the library.  So - no easy answers, unless one
wants to point to the "aggregate" problem.

Of course, once I halted the server I then had to convince ADSM
to talk to the library (which involved freeing the drives), but
that's a minor detail.  I'm currently finishing up the offending
reclamation, and everything looks fine.

Pat Wilson
paw AT dartmouth DOT edu