ADSM-L

Server Hang During Reclamation

1998-10-29 14:29:40
Subject: Server Hang During Reclamation
From: Virginia Hysock <Virginia_L_Hysock AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 14:29:40 -0500
Pat,

     I'm on a 3.1.1.3 MVS server, and I have had the same problem since
upgrading from 2.1.  I opened a ETR with IBM on this a while back.  They
didn't get very far with it, but we think we've figured out our problem.
The reclamation process that always hung was one for offsite volumes.  It
appears as though the process was hanging if it was running at the time we
happened to execute an admin schedule to update the access of the offsite
volumes.  We got around it by not starting the reclamation until just after
we update the access status.

     By the way .... the only way to get it un-hung (??) is like everyone
else mentioned - by recycling the server.

                              Ginny

---------------------- Forwarded by Virginia L Hysock/HI/CSC on 10/29/98

Virginia L Hysock/HI/CSC
10/29/98 02:24 PM