ADSM-L

Re: Obacktrack

1998-09-17 10:15:04
Subject: Re: Obacktrack
From: ALLEN BARTH <abarth AT KEMPER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 09:15:04 -0500
     Bactrack has a control file which keeps track of the "file names" it
     creates and the number of versions it keeps.  If this file gets
     corrupted then the backtrack interface won't be able to tell ADSM what
     file to delete.

     Each file created in ADSM by backtrack has date & time as part of the
     filename, so to ADSM these are each unique files and won't ever go
     away.  You can:

     a. delete the BACKTRACK file space for the node (a bit drastic)
     b. modify/compile the sample api that comes with adsm (or did in V2
        anyway, haven't looked since)
     c. edit the backtrack control file and add entries for the files to be
        deleted (had minor success with this)

     Hope this helps,
     Al Barth
     Scudder Kemper Investments