ADSM-L

Re: Netware: viewing backups/requesting restores via namespa

1998-09-17 09:56:40
Subject: Re: Netware: viewing backups/requesting restores via namespa
From: buser andreas <andreas.buser AT BASLER DOT CH>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 09:56:40 -0400
Hi Jim,

we are also concernet about the 8.3 Nameview of ADSM. Our Netware Admins
have to do a lot of invenstigation when thei restore files with long
filenames. Often they even have to ask the user is this the right file?
I get a lot of complains abouts this from aour NETWARE people.

We would be were glad to see a support of long filesnames in ADSM for
restore and q Backup and hope IBM will implement this as soon as
possible!

Kind regards

Andreas Buser

Tel:    ++41 61 285 73 21