ADSM-L

Obacktrack

1998-09-17 09:28:51
Subject: Obacktrack
From: "Fluker, Tom R" <Tom.Fluker AT VIASYSTEMS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 09:28:51 -0400
We're using the BMC/Datatools Obacktrack product to backup Oracle
databases...  My problem is in convincing all of the Obacktrack/ADSM magic
to actually remove old versions of the backup data.   The virtual files in
ADSM are created by Obacktrack using the API and it doesn't seem to be
deleting them....

BMC offered the suggestion of "setting RETAINONLY and/or VERDELETED to
zero".  I tried setting VERDELETED to zero, expiring inventory, but (alas)
still have the same gigantic volume of data in the effected filespaces...

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with this???

Thanks,
Tom Fluker