ADSM-L

Re: ADSM versus Arcserve and Backup Exec

1998-09-16 18:03:12
Subject: Re: ADSM versus Arcserve and Backup Exec
From: "Jackson, Sandye" <Sandye.Jackson AT LATIMES DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 15:03:12 -0700
Our current environment is ADSM for AIX v3 backing up over 50 clients
and we have just purchased the licenses for 50 more.   We are still
adding on.  The NT servers were the first to be backed up on ADSM (there
are currently 30 in the loop and plans for 30 more) and we have improved
the day of many users with our ability to restore single files or
directories on command.   The 'powers-that-be' here tried Seagate on the
NT servers and discarded it because of and I quote 'too many problems
taking up too much time'.  Hope this helps!

Sandye J. Jackson