ADSM-L

Re: Netware Long Filenames

1998-09-14 11:50:38
Subject: Re: Netware Long Filenames
From: "Lambelet,Rene,VEVEY,FC-SIL/INF." <Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 17:50:38 +0200
Hello Alan,

this right is the Netware "filescan" right. You have to give it on each
Netware volume, for every user doing restores.

Then, the user can open a dos windows and use the DIR command: he will see
both 8.3 AND the corresponding long names.

Another possibility is to use the Win95 client, Explorer, click right on the
file name, choose MAP. He will then be directly positionned to the right
directory in the DOS window and will get the whole path in 8.3 names.

He could also look in the Property tab of the file to get the 8.3 name (this
has to be done for every directory level, too tedious!)

Regards,

René Lambelet - *3543 - *A581
Nestec SA - 55, Av. Nestlé - CH-1800 Vevey
Tel: ++41/21/924'35'43 / Fax: ++41/21/924'45'89