ADSM-L

NT Client problem

1998-09-14 11:43:45
Subject: NT Client problem
From: "Weeks, Debbie" <debbie AT ADMIN.USF DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 11:43:45 -0400
Before I call IBM, I thought I would send this out to you guys in hopes
of a quick answer.  We are running ADSM 3.1.1.5 on AIX backup up several
NT clients.  The client is running 3.1.01 on an NT 4 server.  Backups
have been running for months on this machine with no problems.  Suddenly
the nightly incremental backup will successfully backup the C drive, and
then just hang and eventually time out.  I do not see any error messages
in any log files on the client, or in the ADSM server activity log.

I went to the server and brought up the ADSM client GUI and found that I
can select all the directories under the D drive and back them up just
fine.  However, if I check the D drive itself and try to backup I get
the same results as the scheduled run...it just hangs.  There are no
files in the root of D.  Any ideas?

Debbie Weeks
University of South Florida
Information Technologies/Technical Support
*********
*Debbie AT admin.usf DOT edu
*(813) 974-6926   *  S/C 574-6926
Fax(813) 974-3054