ADSM-L

Re: How to access backups from copy pool tapes?

1998-09-10 18:59:34
Subject: Re: How to access backups from copy pool tapes?
From: "Gogineni, Sri" <SGogineni AT CAISO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 15:59:34 -0700
Hi Don,
          It also depends as to how many times You make a copy of the
primarypool.
Remember restoring a point in time DB may not recover back a file to that
date. Rather It is likely to add to your Woes. What I mean is that your
existing backups could go haywire. I still feel that you should check the
retonlyver and retextraver and related copygr parameters.

ADSM>q copygr f=d

besides this is the database dump.

(The below step would not alleviate your problem)
I am not sure about increasing the life of files in a copygroup, But it is
not a bad idea  to update the copygroup with the required changes and then
activate the policyset.

I would go about the process in the following manner.

1) make another copypool and make a copy of the existing pool into the new
copypool . ( just in case you need them)
2)take another dbbackup,volhist,devconfig,admin,,policyset,server etc.
3)copy the oldcopypool into the primary storagepool.
4)do a point in time restore of the volhist DB backup etc.
5) do an audit db etc.
6) try the above step of changing copygroup parameters.

I would also suggest you to try contact Dwight on the ADSM list. I do feel
he could drop some valuable tips.

Regards

Sri