ADSM-L

How to access backups from copy pool tapes?

1998-09-09 20:15:51
Subject: How to access backups from copy pool tapes?
From: "Donald W. Daniels/FFIC" <Donald_W._Daniels/FFIC AT FFIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 20:15:51 -0400
I've got a set of copy storage pool tapes created on 9/3/98. Our policies are
set for 7 days expiration and database backups are also retained for 7 days. I
need to be able to get at data backups taken 8/28 thru 8/31 which I hope are on
the storage pool copies.  I'm pretty new using ADSM and would appreciate any
hints and tips in tackling this challenge.   I suspect I'll need to do at least
a partial disaster recover of the database from the tape copies to get at the
8/28 - 8/31 data or is there some other way that isn't obvious?

Once the data is accessable from tape, I need to preserve all 40GB of it until
10/31.  Is there a way to change these backups into archives without going
through restoring back to hard disk and archiving?

Any help would be greatly appreciated (also may make my ADSM career a little
longer lived.)

Thanks,
Don Daniels
Firemans Fund Insurance Company