ADSM-L

Re: Server Detected error

1998-09-02 10:20:11
Subject: Re: Server Detected error
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 10:20:11 -0400
> I have the same problem with some HP-UX clients.. It seems to occur when my
> disk pool is 100% full and data is migrating to tape.. I can restart the
>
> I have been seeing the following error a lot since we upgraded to Version 3
> and beyond (currently, we are running 3.1.1.5 server level) The error is:
>
>         ANS1301E Server detected system error

I see a lot of these too for unix clients.  It appears to me that they
occur when the client is backing up directly to tape, and the tape hits
EOT.  Rather than close out that tape, and grab another, the backup fails.
Then, when migration fills that tape, and the client gets a new tape
(colocation), the next backup completes successfully.  I have not
reported this to IBM, as I have been busy persuing other ADSM defects, and
this is only my theory.

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,