ADSM-L

Error ANS4007E on restore using 3.1.05 Win95 32-bit client

1998-09-01 10:04:00
Subject: Error ANS4007E on restore using 3.1.05 Win95 32-bit client
From: Bob Brazner <Bob.Brazner AT JCI DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 09:04:00 -0500
Pete T.: Thanks for the very quick reply, but the problem actually
appears to be the opposite of what you say.  I'm having the problem
using the new level  5 client to restore from a backup taken by the same
(new level 5) client from a new (migrated to UNC naming convention)
filespace.  Even more strange is the fact that the new level 5 client
does NOT incur the error when restoring from the old filespace backed up
the level 2 client.  So, I'm still looking for answers here.  I plan to
run additional tests using the level 5 command line syntax, but I still
to need to know about the GUI since that is what our customers will be
using.  Thanks again Pete (or anyone else) for a quick answer here.

Bob Brazner

========= Original message thread follows ===========