ADSM-L

Re: BACKINT vs SQL Backtrack

1998-08-11 12:34:00
Subject: Re: BACKINT vs SQL Backtrack
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 11:34:00 -0500
How big a database, and what RS-6000 platform?

We're running BACKINT/ADSM with Oracle and R3 3.0F (with the 3.1H kernel).
Our database is 224 GB. We do an off-line backup once per week to 5 DLT-7000
drives in an STK 9710 and get 80 GB/hr through the SP switch; we do a
nightly on-line backup to 4 tape units and average about 60 GB/hr. We've
never really looked at SQL Backtrack; I was under the impression that SAP
does not support this until SAP R/3 version 4.0 (but I could be wrong).

The BACKINT/ADSM process has worked well and proven to be very recoverable
in our D/R testing; we also use the process to 'clone' our production SAP
environment down to a test system every six weeks or so.

We're currently on ADSM 2.1 and BACKINT 2.2.

Tom Kauffman
Sr. Technical Analyst
NIBCO, Inc