ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Developers

1998-07-29 13:56:21
Subject: Re: ADSM Developers
From: Eric LEWIS <eric.lewis AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 11:56:21 -0600
     Hi:  We are running a 3090-400J with Ramac1 1.5GBCache 3494
     ATLw/(4)3590s via ATM.  We are flat out at 20 to 25 GB/day with ADSM
     and sharing the tape drives with DFSMS.  Of course the MF is doing
     many other things.

     Our early experience with an AIX ADSM server SSA DASD 3494 ATL
     (2)3590s via ATM is good.  It zips through 20 GB.  We rarely need the
     second drive while the MVS server could always use three.  The tape
     read/write speeds seem to make a big difference.  Also, this machine
     is almost 100% ADSM.

     We'll upgrade the MF to CMOS in Aug and high speed ESCON and are
     hopeful the faster channels will make the match more equal.

     Eric Lewis
     Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison