ADSM-L

ADSM Developers

1998-07-05 19:17:12
Subject: ADSM Developers
From: "Spearman, Wayne" <Wms1 AT PHSC DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 19:17:12 -0400
We are currently running the ADSM server on a IBM 9672-R25 under OS/390.
Our disk storage pools are on Ramac Raid-5 drives and our tapes are 3490E
housed in a ATL.  All TCP/IP traffic is being routed through a OSA 16/4
connection.  We are backing up Unix and NT applications.

I've been told that if you are backing up more than 100 gb of data in a 24
hour period then you should not run the ADSM server on a mainframe, but on a
Unix platform.  I would like to hear your (ADSM development, support, and
users) opinions/suggestions.

Best reguards.
Wayne M. Spearman
Information Technology