ADSM-L

ADSM Developers -Reply

1998-07-06 08:44:13
Subject: ADSM Developers -Reply
From: Sherry Jackson <Sherry.Jackson AT TORO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 07:44:13 -0500
OS/390 is Unix and it's been officially branded as UNIX.

Sherry Jackson
The Toro Company
We are currently running the ADSM server on a IBM 9672-R25 under
We are currently running the ADSM server on a IBM 9672-R25 under
OS/390.
Our disk storage pools are on Ramac Raid-5 drives and our tapes are
3490E
housed in a ATL.  All TCP/IP traffic is being routed through a OSA
16/4
connection.  We are backing up Unix and NT applications.

I've been told that if you are backing up more than 100 gb of data in a
24
hour period then you should not run the ADSM server on a mainframe,
but on a
Unix platform.  I would like to hear your (ADSM development, support,
and
users) opinions/suggestions.