ADSM-L

Re: Command Schedule on NT

1998-06-30 12:03:23
Subject: Re: Command Schedule on NT
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 09:03:23 -0700
Michael,

What you are seeing with the ANR0482W message is your IDLETIMEOUT
period expiring, not your schedule window elapsing.

I saw this when we first began using the PRESCHEDULECMD as well.

From your description, I'm not sure if it is the command.cmd file
or the ADSM scheduler which is responsible for starting your
incremental backup.

If it is the former, your schedule session will time out while
the session initiated by your command.cmd script will remain
active until the backup has finished.

If, however, it is the latter, there may be something wrong with
the exit status of your script. When using PRESCHEDULECMD, ADSM
will wait until the script exits before it proceeds with the
backup. If it does not receive the exit status from the script, I
don't believe it will proceed with the backup. Using the
PRENSCHEDULECMD would solve this problem, as it instructs the
scheduler not to wait for the script to exit. In your case,
however, it doesn't sound like that's what you would want if the
services are meant to be stopped prior to running the backup.

 -- Tom