ADSM-L

Newbie with NT client question

1998-06-30 11:38:06
Subject: Newbie with NT client question
From: Dawn Racine <dracine AT POLYCLAD-USA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 11:38:06 -0400
Has anyone experienced TCP/IP problems when trying to backup/restore an NT
3.5.1 client to ADSM?  We've tried to back up two disk partitions, one 2
gig and one 13 gig to our AS/400 530 V3R7M0 running ADSM Version 2 server
side and Version 3 client side.  It took 7 hours for the first backup which
worked without a hitch, however, now even though we can contact the server,
incremental backups of the data begin and then freeze within a second and
viewing files to restore is extremely slow and often times out.

However, I've installed a Win95 client and given it access to my NT
client's files and vise versa.  The Win95 client can access the files with
no problems while the NT client cannot access the win95 files.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Dawn Racine
Polyclad Laminates, Inc.
Franklin, NH