ADSM-L

backup db problem

1998-06-30 09:18:13
Subject: backup db problem
From: Heo Jeong Eun <jeheo AT KR.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 22:18:13 +0900
Hello,
I have a problem with my adsm 2.1 server with aix.
If I issue "backup db devclass=3590class type=full" command,
The adsm server searched for dbbk.1 volume.
Because I heard that dbbk.1 represents scratch volume, I made a scratch
volume.
So, the command was successful.
After that, I issued " backup db devclass=3590class type=incremental"
the ADSM server searched for the dbbk.1 volume too.
The symptom was same when I install adsm server with my 4mm tape device.
What this means?
Whenever I want to backup db, new scratch volume is needed?
What's wrong with my ADSM server setup?

Heo, Jeong Eun
IBM KOREA / PSS / RS/6000 TEAM / TEL 82-2-781-7596