ADSM-L

Expire problem?

1998-06-30 06:08:05
Subject: Expire problem?
From: Gene Mangum <gmangum AT UMICH DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 06:08:05 -0400
I just upgraded my server to 3.1.1.3 yesterday.   Every night, I have a
set of scripts which process the days backups as follows:

   - force migration of disk stg pools to tape
   - backup stg pools
   - backup DB (2 copies - 1 offsite, 1 onsite)
   - expire inventory

Since last night was the first run under v3, I watched closely.   It went
OK for the most part, but when expiration started, it seemed to be
expiring too much, so I cancelled it and locked all nodes (in case I have
to back out).   When I cancelled it, the numbers were: examined-6465,
deleted-6389.   This seems like ALOT!

Can anyone explain what might be happening?   Thanks for any help.

--
Gene Mangum
Gene Mangum