ADSM-L

Re: backup db problem

1998-06-30 11:19:33
Subject: Re: backup db problem
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 10:19:33 -0500
     Yes, as Chris mentioned... each "backup db" will require a scratch
     tape to be mounted.

     I take full backups daily, also every day just before the db backup I
     do a "delete volhist t=dbb tod=-7"  this will take the 8 day old data
     base backup tape and roll it back scratch.  (so if I happen to not be
     paying attention and I've run out of scratches... I've just free'd up
     one for my db backup to use ;-) )

     If you're going to do incrementals for some of the days... MAKE SURE
     YOU DON'T ROLL OFF THE LAST FULL ASSOCIATED WITH SOME INCREMENTALS
     WITH YOUR "delete volhist" COMMAND!

     later,
            Dwight

Author:  Cris.Robinson (Cris.Robinson AT libertymutual DOT com) at unix,mime
Date:    6/30/98 9:15 AM

My understanding is that each db backup process requires a new tape.

Cris Robinson
Senior Technical Analyst
Desktop Services Technical Support
Liberty Mutual Insurance