ADSM-L

Re: Bad results from a SELECT ...

1998-05-15 13:42:19
Subject: Re: Bad results from a SELECT ...
From: Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro AT MAIL.TELEPAC DOT PT>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 17:42:19 GMT
Replying to: Michael Kaczmarski <kacz AT US.IBM DOT COM> (Fri, 15 May 1998
11:33:58
-0400)
>Please take a look at APAR IX76147.  If you do not have at least 4 MB
>of>Please take a look at APAR IX76147.  If you do not have at least 4 MB of
>free
>DB space for
>use bythe SQL engine temporyary tables, then the ORDER BY clause will give you
>invalid
>results and no error will be reported.
>
>This has been corrected in the referenced APAR

I checked for APAR IX76147 and found this:

=========
APAR NUMBER: <IX76147>            RESOLVED AS: PROGRAM ERROR

ABSTRACT:
<IX76147>: WEB ADMIN DOES NOT SEE DEFINED DRIVES, AND IN CUSTOMER'S CASE,
HIS 3494 LIB.

ORIGINATING DETAILS:
Using the Web Admin, under Libraries and Drives, the defined
drives do not show up, but using the command option,
Query Drive will show the drives. In some instances the defined
libraries do not show either.
=========

Anyway, QUERY DB reports 52 MB free. Further Testing shows that the problem
occurs whenever we ORDER BY a non-string column.

--
Rui Malheiro,
Rui Malheiro,